Posted on Wednesday, April 01, 2020 09:01 AM
Township Extends Close of ALL Facilities Indefinitely
The Township of Brock is extending the closure of all our facilities, indoor and outdoor, indefinitely as well as extending the burn ban until further notice, as part of our ongoing efforts to curb the spread of COVID-19.
Closures include Foster Hewitt Memorial Community Centre, Rick MacLeish Memorial Community Centre, Sunderland Memorial Arena, Wilfrid Hall, Sunderland Town Hall, Manilla Hall, and Beaverton Town Hall (with the exception...
Posted on Wednesday, April 01, 2020 08:52 AM
Please be advised that effective now (March 31, 2020), all Township of Brock outdoor recreational facilities are closed to the public until further notice.
This includes all Township Sports fields, playgrounds, skate parks, walking trails, basketball courts, tennis courts, picnic shelters and all other recreational areas.
For more information on the Township’s response to COVID-19 visit www.townshipofbrock.ca/covid19.
Posted on Wednesday, April 01, 2020 08:48 AM
In follow up to the Special Council Meeting held today, March 30, Mayor Debbie Bath-Hadden shared the following: “In light of COVID-19, this afternoon Council approved a number of measures to provide tax relief to residents and local businesses. These measures include:
- A two-month grace period on the April tax installment with no penalty or interest charged for May or June;
- Staff have been authorized to waive the collection of fees outlined in the 2020 Fees By-law for the Finance Department...
Posted on Wednesday, March 25, 2020 12:29 PM
In follow up to yesterday's State of Emergency declaration in the Township of Brock by Mayor Bath-Hadden, residents are asked to note the following information about this declaration:
- It is made in accordance with the Township's Emergency Management Plan.
- It demonstrates to residents that the municipality is taking the current situation very seriously and is using every step possible to protect our community from this threat.
- It has no impact or influence over the Province on Ontario’s...
Posted on Tuesday, March 24, 2020 03:43 PM
Today, based on all of the information collected over the last few days from Durham Region, Regional Emergency Control Group, Regional Medical Officer of Health, Durham Emergency Management and in consultation with the Townships Chief Administrative Officer and Fire Chief who is also the head of Emergency Management for the Township, I am declaring a State of Emergency in the Township of Brock.
This is a critical time in our efforts to slow the spread of COVID-19. Cases continue to climb. We must...